Since December 2012, Bertram I. Steininger has been a "Juniorprofessor" (Assistant Professor) of Real Estate Finance at RWTH Aachen University. Previously, he worked as a postdoc in the department of International Finance and Financial Management at the Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) in Mannheim, having gained his doctoral degree from the IRE|BS-International Real Estate Business School at the University of Regensburg. Bertram I. Steininger collaborates with other research institutes as a member of the Leibniz research network "Real Estate Markets and Capital Markets", short ReCapNet.
- Investment vehicles, particularly REIT, REOC, and mutual funds
- Real estate indices and derivatives
- Smart home
- Decision-making of infrastructure projects
- Financing of infrastructure projects
- Causes of time and cost overruns of infrastructure projects
- Valuation of infrastructure