Harald Dyckhoff was born in Rheine in 1951. He studied mathematics and physics at RWTH Aachen University, followed by business administration and operations research. He received a doctoral degree and a post-doctoral Habilitation degree from the University of Hagen. After working as a professor of operations research in Essen, Harald Dyckhoff obtained his present Chair at RWTH Aachen University in 1988.
- Production and decision theory
- Performance and efficiency measurement
- Industrial sustainability management
- Methodology of Life Cycle Assessment, in particular the evaluation of durable objekts and projects
- Performance measurement with Data Envelopment Analysis, short DEA
- Importance of bio-mass for sustainable value creation