Özgür Gürerk was born in Erzurum, Turkey, in 1975. Since 1991, he has lived in Germany. He studied economics at the University of Bonn. He worked as a student assistant to Prof. Dr. Reinhard Selten at the Bonn Laboratory for Experimental Economics. In 2001, he was appointed as a research assistant and the manager of the Laboratory for Experimental Economics at the University of Erfurt, where he gained his doctoral degree - Dr.rer.pol. - in 2007. In 2011, he completed a research stay at the University of Nottingham in England. In May 2013, he joined RWTH Aachen University as a Professor of Experimental Economics.
- Experimental Economics
- Behavioral Economics
- Managerial Economics
- Cooperation and sanction behaviour in social dilemmas, for example in the case of public goods
- Mechanisms to adhere cooperation within intergenerational dilemmas, for example in the case of ecology
- Determinants of effective organizational management
- Virtual economic experiments, for example at "aixCave"
- Intercultural comparison of cooperation behavior and the subsequent consequences for team performance